Sunday, December 21, 2008

Rolling along

The last 3 days have been good to me. I've managed to chalk up another 1.3k in profit, and it seems I am rolling along nicely right now. I've had 9 consecutive winning days and am up 6.4k for month right now. This is really nice since on Tuesday I'll be out of state and no poker for this guy from Tue-Sat. It will be a nice break from the game anyways. When I get back I'll have enough time to achieve supernova and hopefully end 2008 with a bang. BANG! Like a machine gun kiddies.

The last game I played today I was sitting in a $230 and skilled_sox sat with me. This shocked me since he's usually a 1k, 2k, or 5k player. Looks like he's having a real shitty month so maybe that's why. Back and forth match, I thought I had him when we were all in on 348 all club flop I have 34 he has Q 10 with Q clubs. Obv no club just the standard turn 9 river J. Fuck!!! 10/20 blinds I'm still alive with about 300 and get lucky twice. First A10 beats his AK all in pre. Then I call minrasie with 96 flop 964 he has 94, lol nice, i obv double. I go retarded card dead in the 25/50 level and he kinda runs me over but I manage to make a few moves and stay in the game. 50/100 i double to 2200 after i call his pf jam with A2 and beat his J9. Very next hand I put him in for his last 800 with K8 he picks up AA and doubles back. Then a few hands later I call his jam for my 1200 with JJ and beat his Q9. Next hand i pick up 10 10 against A8 and finish him. phew. lol. Kinda fun.

The $230's have been awesome for me this month. There have been more than a couple days where I break about even in the $115's but do ridiculously good in the couple $230's I play to save my day. Short term variance in my favor obv, but it's kinda nice.
Here are my sharkscope stats for the $230's in Dec:

Games Played: 62
Avg Profit: $53.87
Avg ROI: 23%
Total Profit: $3,340

Here are my lifetime $230 stats on stars:

Games Played: 231
Avg Profit: $23.33
Avg ROI: 10%
Total Profit: $5,390

Obv very small sample size but if I had any doubt about being able to beat this level it is fading. I've ran super sick in my last 100 of them or so considering I was about even after my first 125 games. However I remember running super sick in a bad way those 125, now it's turning the other way. I'm still not 100% comfortable with the swings at that level so I'll probably keep my 20% of games being $230's system for now. I don't know why the jump from $100's to $200's seems so much more difficult for me pschologically. I had no problem jumping from $10's to $20's to $30's, to $50's, to $100's, but for some reason putting in substantial volume at the $200 level is tough for me to do. I think maybe it's the psychology of losing a grand. In the $100's I've lost a grand or more quite a few times, but it is still a rare occurance(maybe once a month, twice sometimes). It always makes me feel kinda sick to my stomach, to see that number in red ($1,000). However at the $200 level if you lose 4 straight you're already down $920. Obv it's just 4 buyins and can be won back the same day, but it's a psychological mindfuck for me. I'm not underolled for that level or anything either, I can easily handle the swings financially. Stuuuupppppppiiiiiidddddddd. I'll get over it once I get 500 or 600 games under my belt. Just gotta get a little more used to it.

Ummmmmm Vikings sucked it up today and lost. I can just sense it. Bears win on monday night then next week Vikes lose to Giants and Bears beat Texans and Vikes miss playoffs. It would be classic, standard, lay an egg, choke like a piece of shit Viking football. Hopefully Green Bay just does us a favor tomorrow cause I sure as hell don't want to depend on the Vikes beating the G-men. We'll see, hooolllllddddddd.

That's enough I'm done, thank you readers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand your feelings with the 200s, I feel the same when I try to put a good amount of hands at NL100 even if I have the roll and I'm a good winner at NL50.

Btw you're doing a great work, keep it up!

bartchalker said...

Thanks dude!!!!!!!!