Sunday, December 28, 2008

Back

Well, I got back into Minnesota Saturday evening after spending the xmas holiday in my gf's homestate of Nebraska. Did not play any poker on Saturday, instead watched the UFC fights and had a few beers at a buddy's house. I ended up losing about $35 on the fights also, but the fights were pretty awesome. Today I watched the vikings beat the Giants on a last second 50 yard field goal to clinch the division. It was good to see, I was getting that sinking feeling they were gonna screw everything up. Playing the Eagles in the wild cards playoffs. The game is in Minnesota, should be a super close matchup I think. I dominated my sports bets today going 4-0-1 and aslo picking a 5 team parlay which paid off like 5:1 on a $5 dollar bet. The other bets were all around $20. I finished ahead like $105 or something, pretty nice. My sportsbetting roll which originally started at $500 is now at around $630 or so. $50 of that is a bonus I got for depositing. Nice not to drop it instantly.

After watching the Vikes game and the Dolphins/Jets I played a little poker. I think the 5 day break from the game was a good thing. My mind felt refreshed and I seemed to be thinking sharply. I didn't play a whole lot, but some. Went 6-3 in the $115's, which was good but just 1-3 in the $230's. So, 7-6 overall, just lost the wrong ones. I played a 6 man $119, which I have not done in months, just suddenly decided wtf and decided to play. I took it down so that helped me recover and finsih with a $115 profit for the day. All my big pots were preflop all ins. QQ>AQs, 77>AK, then 3 handed KK>A3 to get me to heads up, first hand of heads up I have chiplead 5500-2000 with 100/200 blinds, A10>A9, ship it. Lot of skill involved in those hands, lol.

Well there are 3 days left in the month and I'm at about 6k in profit, which I am super happy with considering I haven't played much in terms of volume at all. Maybe I can go on a nice little run these last 3 days of 08 and finish month at 7k+. If not that's fine, I'm happy with my 2008 and am ready for an awesome 2009. I also am about 1,700 vpp's from supernova so I will hit that with not much time to spare.

That's all I got right now, good night people.

No comments: