Monday, December 15, 2008

Halfway point of month, 2008 coming to end


There's my chart for Dec 1 through the 15th. I am very happy with the way this month has gone in the first half. Below are my ss stats for this period:

Games Played: 250
Av. Profit: $17.11
Av. Stake: $127
Av. ROI: 11%
Total Profit: $4,278

I've had some success in the $230's this month which has been a big help. Of the 250 games played 42 of them were $230's. I've been able to pull off a 26-16 record which is about 62%. It feels kinda nice to run a little above expectation. I can deal with that for sure. I've been trying to play about 20% of my HU games at the $230 level. Ease myself into them. I really like this system right now since I'm not comfortable with the swings at that level yet. This way I don't have to worry about losing like 5 or 6 of them in a row, one after the other. Just sneak one in there every 5th game or so.

There is no way I will make 650 games this month. I'm already off pace for that, plus I won't be playing for about a 5 day period around xmas. If I can finish the month with around 450-500 games played that will be fine.

2008 is almost over and poker wise I am excited for 2009 to start. I'm ready for a fresh start and see what I can do with a year of pro experience under my belt. My original goal for 2008 was 40k, and as of right now I'm at about 68.7k in profit. Hopefully no downswing to end year, and I can finish 70k+. I remember making that 40k goal and thinking maybe I could hit 50K if I really put my mind to it. I don't think I ever thought I'd hit over 70k so it is def something to be proud of and I'm very thrilled about it. I've already kind of made an early(and perhaps optimistic?) goal for 100k for 2009. If I can manage to grind out 625 games/month and play about 25% at the $230 and the other 75% in the $115 I think this is a realistic goal when I count in the fpp rakeback i can get as a supernova. I guess the hardest part for me is the volume. It's alot of games when 1 tabling. I may try to do a little more 2 tabling, I'm not sure. It would probably increase my $/hr but I feel very comfortable playing 1 game at a time and feel I play very well(most of the time) when doing this. I'll have to be careful about forcing myself to play when I don't feel like it. It just leads to bad decision making and can wear down your mind. Can lead to getting burnt out from the game. I guess we'll see what happens.

Sportsbets didn't go as good this week as last week. I had about 6 or 7 different bets out. Avg bet was probably about $20. Giants not upsetting Dallas hurt my chances. When I saw Dallas was a 3 pt fav I thought no way. I thought for sure Giants would win outright. Wrong wrong wrong. Lost about $40 total. Vikings looked very good. I can smell that division title!

That's all for now, thanks to anyone reading

2 comments:

HokieGreg said...

our 2008 goals were really similar

my original goal was 40k and im at 85-86 now...never thought i'd be at this point either

bartchalker said...

That's right I remember reading that in ur blog now. It's nice to not just reach goals but to totally smash them isn't it?