Thursday, December 18, 2008

Possible big day doesn't happen

It seemed I was destined for a $1,000+ day today but then it kinda fell apart. I started out 3-1 in the $115's and 1-0 in a $230. I happened to see a donk sitting in a $345 so I took a shot at him and won that game. So, I was quickly up about $700 after just 6 games. I ended up only playing 9 more after that but went 3-6 in a combo of $115/$230's. I fired up a 9 man $114(first 9 man i've played this month, been staying away from them lately) and took 2nd(luckily had 10 J beat 10 10 all in pre for huge pot). Finshed day at +$400. I guess I can't complain about that, but the way it started thought I'd roll! Anyways, here is a somewhat interesting hand from the $345 game




PokerStars Game #23047255102: Tournament #127986098, $330+$15 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level III (25/50) - 2008/12/18 22:06:11 ET
Table '127986098 1' 2-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: villain (760 in chips)
Seat 2: bartchalker (2240 in chips)
villain: posts small blind 25
bartchalker: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bartchalker [4d Qd]
villain: calls 25
bartchalker: checks
*** FLOP *** [Kc Kh 8h]
bartchalker: bets 85
villain: calls 85
*** TURN *** [Kc Kh 8h] [2c]
bartchalker: checks
villain: checks
*** RIVER *** [Kc Kh 8h 2c] [Ad]
bartchalker: checks
villain: bets 165
bartchalker: calls 165
*** SHOW DOWN ***
villain: shows [9d 6s] (a pair of Kings)
bartchalker: shows [4d Qd] (a pair of Kings - Ace+Queen kicker)
bartchalker collected 600 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 600 Rake 0
Board [Kc Kh 8h 2c Ad]
Seat 1: villain (button) (small blind) showed [9d 6s] and lost with a pair of Kings
Seat 2: bartchalker (big blind) showed [4d Qd] and won (600) with a pair of Kings



I lead out for 85 here with the Q high, I mean it could easily be the best hand, but more than anything villain had been letting me get away with stealing a lot of unraised pots. When he calls I figured him for the 8 or a flush draw, possibly the K, but he had been mini raising a good 50% of his hands from button so I figured he wouldn't limp with the K. The turn comes a blank, but I decide to give up on the pot. Villain checks behind, I still have him on about same range as on flop. He could bet his 8 or flush draw here but he also may check both those hands(he was sort of passive). River is an A no heart, I check figuring I'll win pot if he has flush draw but lose if he has the 8, I could fire out a bluff on the river, but I think villain calls me too much with the 8 to make it worthwhile in this circumstance. Villain makes a 165 bet into a 270 pot. I would expect him to call that flop with A high and Value bet river when he hits his A but i'm very sure with how much he was raising, an A would have been raised preflop. It's possible he could have had the 8 and checked behind with it on the turn, but no way he value bets an 8 on the river. I put him on a busted flush draw and make the hero call and take the pot. Turns out he floated the flop, obv having enough of me stealing unraised pots from him. If villain bets 165 on turn after I check i would have given him credit for a hand and folded. His river bet however made no sense and with the reads I had on him from previous hands was able to make the call.

Villain was down to 460 after this hand but he made a comeback and with about even stacks i beat him in the 75/150 level when my A5 beat his K 10 all in pre.



Well I hope everyone enjoyed that hand, I haven't posted many hands on my blog, maybe I'll get a little more into doing that in the future. Not much else to say except have a good night.



Buh bye

3 comments:

endgamep said...

good hand. Stealing unraised pots is so key in hu sngs. And thats my edge against many players.

bartchalker said...

Yeah, against certain players it can be huge

bighusla said...

yea a +$400 dollar day is nothing to complain about lol