Monday, December 29, 2008

Record day

In my last entry I said that I was hoping in the last 3 days of the month that I could pull together another grand in profit. Well, I did that today and then some by finishing the day ahead $2,240. I am quite pumped about this performance. It is a record for me in terms of profit, my previous best day being around 1.8k or something. I played 24 $115's posting a 17-7 record, but what really made the day was a 6-0 record in the $230's. It felt like I couldn't lose and I was playing on top of my game, the very top. I even got disconnected in one of the $115's at the 25/50 level and got blinded out, but it did not matter it didn't seem I could be stopped today. Obv I had the poker gods helping me out today, especially in terms of winning 45/50's, 50/50's and 55/45's. I also had a few nice suckouts(the one that most comes to mind is JJ beating KK all in pre, on like the 5th hand of a match), and a few coolers go my way. I also made some very nice laydowns(I think), bluffs, value bets, all that good stuff. Then there were some matches where the players made absolutely horrible plays and basically handed me 70/30 edges, which is always nice(plus they held). In the end it was just running super hot, on top of playing awesome and this is the result. I am thrilled with it.

I am now at about 8.2k in profit and may acutally have a shot at my monthly record if I have 2 more decent days. My record is 9.1k so I'm about $900 off. That def has a possibility of happening. Hopefully I don't get slammed by some negative variance. No downswing please.

I made a $50 bet with my brother on the NFL playoffs. We took turns picking 1 team at a time until all teams were picked. Whoever has the team that wins the SuperBowl wins $50. Following is the enemy's lineup:

Colts
Titans
Falcons
Vikings
Dolphins
Eagles

Following is my lineup:

Giants
Steelers
Panthers
Ravens
Chargers
Cardinals

I like my lineup way better. It would also be OK if the vikings went all the way, I will sacrafice $50 to see a vikings championship. We'll see what happens.

Bye Bye

No comments: