Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New monthly profit record, Supernova achieved

I just achieved supernova about 30 minutes ago and I have to say it feels pretty damn good. In the last 24 hours I've done pretty well again pulling together about another 1.2k in profit which propelled my Dec profit to about 9.4k breaking my past record of 9.1k. This record will stick as I will be taking tomorrow off and get started again on Jan 1. Here is my Dec graph and sharkscope #'s.




Games Played: 429
Avg Stake: $128
Avg Profit: $22.07
Avg ROI: 14%
Total Profit: $9,467

This has been an incredibly sweet month for the minimal volume I've put in. I actually did not expect to even get that many games in. It just seemed like I ran hot the whole month and on top of that I was playing with a ton of confidence. The kind of confidence where you just believe good things are going to happen and that you can outplay anybody. I love that feeling. Give me more of that shit!

I am also very happy with my 2008 overall. When I look back on the player I was at the beginning of the year and the player I am now it's like night and fucking day. I'm so much better and I see things so much more clear now. Tilt has always been a problem for me but month by month it seems to get better and I seem to handle the bad beats, coolers, cold decks, etc in a healthier manner. I'm getting a little better at just laughing them off and thinking about the long term. Anyways here are my graphs and #'s for 2008 on Pokerstars & Full Tilt.(Pokerstars listed first, Full Tilt second)




Games Played: 3,913
Avg Stake: $103
Avg Profit: $12.67
Avg ROI: 11%
Total Profit: $49,573




Games Played: 4,127
Avg Stake: $91
Avg Profit: $5.44
Avg ROI: 7%
Total Profit: $22,458

My #'s are way way better on Stars, which is one of the reasons I made the decision a while back to play stars full time. I'm not exactly sure why it was either. I started out good enough but towards the end of my time on Full Tilt I broke even over the course of my last 1,000 games or so. The structure is a little faster so maybe that has something to do with it. It could also be the rematch button, as much as I like it it can be a curse when you're tilting. I know I did that more times than i care to admit. Pissed as all shit and rematching a person who is outplaying me badly. Talk about stupid. Who knows, maybe stars just fits my style of play better.

Overall sharkscope shows me at about 73k in profit for 2008(it's acutally more like 74k, it missed some of my games apparently). This blew my original goal of 40k out of the water. Kaboom!! 2009 should be even better for a couple of reasons:

  • I am a better player
  • I control my tilt better
  • I will be playing $115's & $230's(in 2008 i was still dabbling in the $55's a bit at the beg of yr)
  • Experience(which basically ties back to the first 2 i guess)

My poker goals for 2009:

  • Play at least 625 heads up games/month(at least 20% at the $230 level)
  • Control tilt(getting better at this all the time, but I still go a little retarded every now and then)
  • Exercise 3 times/week(gotta get back into doing this, healthy body=healthy mind)
  • Continue to study/improve my play
  • 100k profit(if I keep my 4 goals above this should happen)
I am glad I started this blog and I will continue to try to update at least 10 times a month. I could almost include that as a poker goal. It helps keep me motivated for sure.

Goodbye 2008!

Bartchalker

4 comments:

Qi said...

Nice work bartchalker, here's to a successful 2009!

bartchalker said...

Thanks man, yes I hope 2009 is successful for both of us. Good luck!

bighusla said...

Congrats on NOVA Bart!!! And good luck knocking out all them dam goals lol

endgamep said...

congrats with a +10K month in december.

I expect you to make more than 100K in 2009. But obviously it depends a lot on how much time you are willing and manage to invest in the game.