Sunday, February 22, 2009

Tough day

I dropped about a grand today, so that's no fun. However, a good portion of my games were 220's, so I'll have to get used to my bad days being a loss of more than a grand if I plan on playing those on a consistent basis. Kind of dissapointing though. I have def gotten over my discomfort of playing the 220s however, which is a very good thing. Losing a grand didn't really bother me much at all, obv I'd rather be winning but I wasn't pissed off or anything. I took Fri and Sat off so this loss wasn't offset by any wins those days or anything either.

On Fri night I went and played a home game with a few people which was kind of fun. I didn't know anyone in the game except my cousin. Just playing some small stakes and drinking some beers. It was a .25/.50 cash game. I bought in for $30(I was gonna buy in for $50 but felt kinda silly when the biggest buyin was $20) and left with $152 after about 8 hrs of playing which was a nice little bonus. One guy was kinda funny, he would buy in for like $5(10 bb's) and lose that then buy in for another $5. He must have done that until he was down like $75, lol. He would cold call opening raises of $3 then fold on the flop and complain that he could never catch a pair. One time I got in with him preflop for maybe $7 with KK and ran into his AA the board came out 58967 for a chop. He told me that he was "pretty sure" that he had me pre flop. There was the hand where the pot was about $20 on the turn and I bet this lady all in for her last $15 with an overpair to the board and they snap called me with just a flush draw and missed. She then looked saddened and said she even "felt" the flush coming, and usually she wasn't wrong when she got that feeling. As is standard with any kind of poker game one or two of these people think they are very good, (my cousin especially, lol) but are actually quite bad and have to be long term losers in the game. It's funny how poker does that to people, especially live poker when people can so easily lie to themselves about how much they are losing(unlike online where you only have to compare you deposits/cashouts to see the truth). Big losers think they are small losers, small losers think they are breakeven or even winners. Most of the players were just playing for fun though. It was kinda nice to play some poker and not have to take it seriously, might have to do it again sometime.

My profit for the month is about 3.3k right now, which is not where I would like it to be, but what can you do? This whole year has been a little dissapointing for me so far. My $/game are down from their avg. I'm avg $6/game in the 110's and $7.30/game in the 220's this year when my lifetime stats in those games are $11/game & $16/game respectively. I think it's due to just running below expectation, but if I don't show improvement in the next month or so I may have to look at my game a little closer and try to plug any leaks I may have developed.

My FPP rakeback games have kinda been saving me a little bit this month as I am 6/10 in them which is good for about 1.3k of my profits.

Bye!

No comments: