Monday, February 23, 2009

Magnifico!

I put in a solid 5 hrs today and had a pretty solid day, finishing ahead 1.1k. I'd like to see a couple more days like this before the month comes to an end. In back to back 220's i flopped top 2 against a straight and got all in and turned full houses in both matches which set the tone for a good day.

I have to stop typing stuff to people in the chat box. I've always said it's retarded to berate the bad play of others, but over the last few weeks I've caught myself doing it a few times. It's so stupid to belittle a player who is making mistakes. It's good that they make stupid plays, I certainly wouldn't want them to stop making them, I just get a bit frustrated sometimes I guess. I also have to quit responding to retards who talk shit because it can only hurt things. It's best just to concentrate on the game and not worry about what kind of stupid shit my opponent is typing. People are so funny, like in this game earlier today with blinds at 25/50 and my opponent at 1300 i jam over the top of his 3x button raise of 150 with 88 and he calls me with the 1010 and doubles up, so I'm down to 400. I come back and win 2 preflop all ins to even the stacks up. I can't remember what the hands were but I think one was a flip and the other one i was a 2:1 underdog. He types in that I'm so lucky or something. This is where I should just ignore it but I type back that he was lucky to pick up 1010 vs 88 with short stacks. He says "r u saying 1010 is not a better hand than 88". I tried explaining that it was lucky of him to pick up an overpair to my pair with such short stacks but I don't think he could wrap his little mind around that simple concept. All he knew was that he got it in with the best hand, even though if the cards had been reversed I would have won the match, unless of course he's mucking 88 when only 24 BB's deep, doubt it. People are funny like that though, for example if effective stacks are 1,000 with the bb at 100 and someone gets it in with AK vs AJ and their opponent spikes a J to take the pot they will think of themselves as getting unlucky. However if the AK holds they don't consider themselves lucky, after all they got it in with the best hand. Even though picking up AK against AJ with effective stacks of 10 bb's is very fortunate because neither player is getting away from their hand. Just like it always kind of annoys me when a complete fish with a -20% roi and losses over 40k type a bunch of shit about what a donk I am. I'm not sure why it annoys me, I think I'm just easily annoyed by ignorant people. So yeah, basically I'm saying I'm done typing back to people like that and I'm done belittling opponents play.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just turn chat off standard because of everything you´ve described.