Thursday, February 5, 2009

Slow start to Feb

Feb has started out pretty slow. I worked my way into a 1k hole within the first few days, then worked out of it to close to even, then fell back down. As of right now I am about $800 down for month. I just can't seem to stop running below expectation, I just seem to keep getting drawn out on at a higher frequency then the odds dictate for the last month or so. Shit, it's pissing me off. My last 3 games I played before posting this(all $230's too) go like this:

First one I call raise with KQ flop K79, w/2 spades, villain has 79. I get stacked. I check raised flop and got jammed on, hard to get away even at 10/20 level, + villain was a total idiot

2nd game(against same guy) I raise AQ 4x to 80 pre he overbet jams all in for 1300 I call, villain shows A2 and spikes a 2 on river.

3rd game(different player) 15/30 level they min raise to 60 i 3bet to 180 with AA flop 45Q i bet 225 they call turn 6 i bet like 600 they move in for 700 or so total and show 66 for a turned set. I still have 400 left make a comeback, then at 50/100 i get it in for my 1200 stack with 1010 against 55 and they spike a 5 on the flop.

I mean just standard beats/coolers, everyone has a million of these they could share but this shit has been hammering me for a while now. It always seems also that when i get coolered it's against the shittiest players. Come on, cooler me against the better players, but let me have a shot against the shit ones!!! I just seem to be in that stage where when you're in with say JJ against 99 you don't feel like you're 80/20, you feel it's more 50/50, and when its JJ against AK you don't feel 50/50, you feel 20/80. Everyone has been there.

The good thing is I have kept my cool for the most part(kind of, it hasn't affected my playing much anyways, maybe just a little in a few games) and it's early in the month. $800 is nothing, I'll comeback and hopefully have another solid month.

RUN BETTER BARTCHALKER

1 comment:

endgamep said...

All standard coolers and bad luck there.

It will turn.