Saturday, March 7, 2009

Nice start to month

Feb ended with a bang in the last week, and the first week of March has started off with a bang also. Not quite to the extent of last month but good nonetheless. A +1k day on the 1st got me started off on the right track and I'm up about 2.6k on the month right now. I def cannot say I haven't run well, because I have. In all honesty I've prob ran better then I've played, but you'll have stretches like that.

I've only played one game today, and right now I am in the Minnesota Twins virtual waiting room trying to get tickets to the season opener. I've been waiting for 50 min now and I'm starting to get worried the seats we want won't be available. Tickets went on sale at noon and I was there about 10 secs after noon, so WTF.

Yesterday, for the first time in quite a while it seems, a player got disconnected against me. I did what I'm guessing 99% of people do. I blinded them out. It just got me thinking to times in the past when this has happened and my opponent reconnects with like 300 chips left and types a bunch of shit about being ethical, or calling me a variety of other names. That scenario has prob played out at least 15 times in the past. I understand that the other person is prob just frustrated and maybe thinks there is a chance I will give them their money back(which there is not). Is there really anyone out there who waits for their opponent to get back when they've disconnected? Fuck, especially on Stars where it takes for fucking ever to blind someone out. I mean honestly, you get a 60 sec timebank, then they add another 60 secs when you disconnect, then every hand they get like 15 secs, r u kidding me? It's the polar opposite of Full Tilt though, shit I remember playing on their and if u get disconnected for like 3 min in the 1st level a 3rd of your stack is gone. I think you have to blind people out when givin the chance to make up for the times when you yourself are blinded out. I've been disconnected a fair amount of times also, and lost many a buyin because of it, and have NEVER had an opponent wait for me. I may get angry, but not angry at the person who blinded me out, just angry at my damn internet connection, haha. I think it's just absurd to call somebody "cheap", "thief", or to type "wow, you are classy" sarcastically when they have blinded you out. Besides if I'm playing somebody(especially if I have a significant advantage/disadvantage) why would I wait for them to get back and start play at 50/100 and turn my significant edge into a small edge, or from the other end, turn my shot to win a free match against a more skilled player, into a slight disadvantage? I think most people, even the one's who type that it is wrong to blind someone out, will steal those chips as quickly as they possibly can whn given the opportunity. I know I do. It kind of sucks but it just comes with the territory when you play poker on the internet, you can disconnected, you can lose your buyin, deal wit it dawg!!

That was kinda a rant huh?

Now I've been waiting for over an hour for the tickets, sigh. Losing hope for lower level seating...........

Went and saw the watchmen movie last night. I thought it would have potential to bust into my top 5 movies of all time list, or at least top 10 but didn't even come close. It was a good movie, but not great in my opinion. I give it a B-. I think maybe people who were a fan of the comic book would prob get more enjoyment out of it. It's still worth seeing though. The naked blue guy prancing around with his junk hanging all over the place was a tad strange........

Gonna get some poker in today then catch the UFC fights. Holla Holla Holla

2 comments:

bpmst2 said...

I completely agree with you about the connection issue.. when they get d/ced it makes up for the times you do... funny thing is I know one player who will send the buy in back to his opponent if they are disconnected the entire game. He says hes never once been but kinda a funny situation I thought of when i read your post

bartchalker said...

Wow, that kinda blows my mind a bit that the guy u know does that. It's kind of awesome actually, but from a money making standpoint not the best thing to do. I guess if I knew 100% that somebody who got disconnected against me would send me my buyin back I would do the same for them. GL.