Monday, March 16, 2009

Hell of a day, +1.7k

Well, today was a great poker day. I was up around 7 AM and around 9 decided to do something I've been slacking off on this year. Exercise. I got 30 min in on the ole step machine then ran a mile on the treadmill. I really should start doing that more often, besides it just being a healthy thing to do, it really helps me play better poker. It just seems it helps me think more clearly, and also be able to play longer without getting burnt out. It also seems to help me not blow up so quickly about bad luck. I mean, what's 40 min/day?

Of course it's easy not to blow up on days like today. My first match I got in all in preflop on one of the first few hands with 10 10 smack into my oppenents KK, but went on to spike a 10 on the river to cripple my opponent. That dose of good fortune set the tone as I played well and ran well the whole day. I played a mixture of 115's and 230's and had a smoking 22-8 record. I also played in the HU shootout tonight and was felted in the first round. Fucking tourneys. However, that didn't matter much as I finish the day up a super solid $1,766. Ship ship ship. I really was in need to have a day like this, and hopefully I can destroy the rest of the month and salvage it, or better yet turn it into a decent month.

Heading to a Hollywood Undead concert on Wed, seems to have been forever since a concert hit this area that I've been interested to see. Should be pretty awesome. Also have a (hed) pe concert coming later this month and am pumped for that as they always put on a sweeeeeet show. Then Soil is playing with Dope in a month or so. Weeeeeeeee. Rock concerts are the nuts. Real rock, no pussy rock allowed.

Later g8rs

No comments: