Monday, March 23, 2009

update

The last week or so has been an incredible poker week. I think it's turned out to be a 4k week or so. Yesterday I played some decent volume and went 16-10 overall for a $800 profit or so. Today I'm down $290 so I'm in slight danger of finishing the day in the red. I took a shot in a $570 today for the first time in some months. It was against some guy with a -8% roi and pretty bad. I obv was cardead as shit and the dude could not be bluffed. So I obv bluff off my stack at 50/100 on the river. Ugh. That's why it's called taking a shot though. It doesn't bother me though as I know I was +EV in the match. I am def not going to make a habit of playing that level obv, but if I see some good opportunities I def have the bankroll to play a few.

I will say that I am no longer feeling any nervousness whatsoever about playing the $230's like I was a couple months ago. Still, I never thought the higher buyin ever made me play any worse through being scared/nervous, but now I know 100% it's not. This month I have played 36% of my total HU games at the $230/$345. The vast majority of that 36% being the 230, only about 7 or so games in the 345. There have even been a few times 10 min into the match where I'm suddenly like "is this a 100 or 200?", which basically shows the higher buyin is having no effect on me mentally. Most of the time I just join whichever game has the open lobby and don't pay much attention I guess.

My FPP rakeback is not doing much for me this month so far as I'm just 2/11 in the 10 man qualifiers for Sunday Mil. Annoying is a word that sums that part of my poker month up nicely.

Somebody told me I have a shitty blog after I beat him. He obv pisses and moans when his A10 loses a preflop all in to my KQ at 50/100 like he was some kinda lock in that hand or something. What is it like 55%? Simmer dude, some days the poker gods love you, the next day they will stick their balls in your cereal.

That seems an appropriate way to end this entry. Adios!!!!

March profit - $4,941.85

4 comments:

Wingpin said...

You mentioned the band Soil...I'm assuming you like Drowning Pool too? When I read that, I had to Youtube the song, Unreal. Pretty rockin! BTW...I dont think your blog sucks at all...so that douche sack can fuck off!

bpmst2 said...

congrats on the turn around in march.. do u ever 4 man the fpp sats?

bartchalker said...

Yeah Wingpin I do like Drowning Pool. I'm not super into them or anything but songs like "bodies", "sinner", and "tear away" are like classics to me, haha. Brings me back to high school. Yeah for real, damn douche sacks. Thanks man.

Bpmst, thanks. No, I never 4 man the fpp sats. I like the 10 man ones cuz I can play them the same time as an HUSNG. I'm just not a huge fan of multitabling HU. If they were turbos I would, but they just would take to long for me to one table. I'm sure my edge would be a little bigger in those opposed to the 10 mans though....

herrrossi said...

took some time off, just checking few sites - reading your blog-entry now, i guess that was me with that badmouth ;)
sry dude, your blog is delicious
keep on rolling
gg