Monday, March 9, 2009

Update

I'm on my longest ever streak of winning days right now. Monday was my 14th winning day in a row. I have to say the consistency is kind of nice, at the same time a bit wierd not to have a losing day mixed in there. The last 3 of my last 4 days have been very slight winning days with days of +35, +55, and +238. I'll take them though. I think the +35 day I started out on a losing streak and was down a grand after like 40 min, lol. I've been playing mostly 110s the last 2 or so days. It seems everytime I go look in the 220 lobby a reg is already sitting. I'm so damn impatient with it to, I don't wait for it to open up I just go right down to a 110. Plus if i'm sitting in the 220 lobby and it takes more then 3 or 4 min to get action I get impatient and go play a 110, haha. I gotta work on that.

I noticed today that stars is starting to run a $109 HU shootout which is cool. I may have to give that a shot in the future. I try not to play tourneys too much because they are too crushing for me when I get deep and bust. Jeez, I remember back in the day when I was grinding the low stakes I'd randomly play a few tourneys with the hope of a big payday but would be so disapointed when I'd get deep and bust. I still remember the hand that pretty much made it clear that tourneys weren't for me. It musta been like 2 yrs ago or so(before I was playing full time). It was I believe a $24 touney on FT with maybe like 1500 players and I was down to the final 80 or so and picked up KK and 3bet the UTG raiser who had me covered and jammed 10 10. They spiked a 10 and busted me, I would have been chip leader. It was just devestating, I don't know if I've ever played a tourney again after that(with the exception of a few HU tourneys). I remember once I took down a $5 rebuy for like $500 and was elated, I don't think there is quite as good a feeling in poker as taking down a tourney, no matter the stakes. However, I really don't know how the tourney pros do it. I believe an roi of 100% is attainable in these things, but I would think the day to day frustration and the swings have got to fuck with your mind a bit. Especially the live tourney pros who might travel across the country(or to a different country) only to get busted in the first hour, ouch. Or to play for 3 or 4 days for 10 hrs a day(maybe more) only to bust out just short of the money. It's gotta take heart.

I ended up getting the opening day twins tickets(upper level cheap seats though, don't care that much) and am pumped for that. I think they have a shot to be something special this yr. I really wish they still had Santana though. Have Santana and Liriano as a 1-2 punch in a best of 5 or 7 playoff series would be hard for other teams to overcome. I also wish we still had Hunter roaming center field. Gomez was a good replacement last yr defensively but can't do what Hunter was able to do with the bat. He's got definite potential though.

All right, hoping to extend my consecutive winning days streak to 15!!! GL me.

March profit - 3.4k

Later pimps

No comments: