Wednesday, July 1, 2009

New month, halfway through 2009

It feels good to put June behind me, I don't think I've ever got so stressed out during a month of poker. It started off badly and I was quickly down a few grand, but I went on a nice run before my 5 day vacation to Vegas to get back to even. After coming back from Vegas it was so back and forth for about 10 days. If I won 1500 one day, I'd lose 1300 the next day. I was running badly, and even worse I was playing nowhere near my A game and it hurt me in some spots. However, during the last week of the month I felt like I was back on my game. 3 of the last 4 days have been 1k+ and I am happy with where I ended up after a bad first 3 weeks. Below are my June #'s.....

Heads Up - $3,975.50
Other SNG - $114.50
Rakeback/Bonuses - $1,175.00

Total June Profit - $5,265.00

It's my worst month this year but I am 100% happy with it considering my shit start and the 8 total days this month I did not play at all.

I played 460 HU games this month just 15 short of the 475 goal I set before the month started.
I went 199-135 in the $230 good for 10.7k, however in the $345 nothing would go right and I went 25-40, good for a 6k loss. It was so frustrating that it seemed every time I played a 345 I would lose. If I could have just broken even in those games I would have finished +10k. I broke about even in the 115 with a 28-26 record, and I also took 7 shots in the 570 going 3-4.

I also played 36 games on Full Tilt this month, even though I didn't think I'd really ever be playing there again. They gave me a $100 bonus and I figured working it off would be equivalent to 41% rakeback, so it got me playing there again......crafty bastards. I had good success those games I played though making about 1.4k. I think I may begin playing on Full Tilt again now. When the games get packed on stars I can just move over to Full Tilt and find a game. Also when running bad on one site, it's kinda nice to just look at a little different layout for a little while. I'll still be playing the vast majority of my games on stars, just not all of them. I like pokerstars players club way better then Full Tilt, but whether I play a few games on FT or not I'm going to end up with about 300k-375k VPP's on Stars regardless, which will still be good for the 2k & 3k VPP bonuses anyway......+ I still get 27% rakeback on FT, so it's prob worth playing some there instead of staring at my computer screen waiting for a lobby to open up on stars.

It's also the halfway point of the year........and I'm happy to see I am on pace to make my 100k goal I set at the beginning of the year. +57.7K, so on pace for about 115k......I'd love to see it happen.

I'm going to try to get in 600 HU games this month and hopefully end with 10k profits.

Below are my Pokerstars & Full Tilt graphs for June(Stars is off a few hundred)


Also here is a my graph for lifetime 345 which made me feel kinda sick when I looked.....ouch.


Good luck grinders.....

No comments: