Saturday, July 25, 2009

Update

I had another pretty big day on Wed finishing + 2.4k. Yesterday was a bit of a struggle as I went back and forth the whole day before ending it with a string of losses on Full Tilt against a pretty bad player. I think he beat my like 5 of 6 or something. He had an ROI of like -2% and I really do not understand how it wasn't much much worse than that. I kinda berated him a bit in the chatbox towards the later matches which I hardly ever do, but got kinda frustrated. I think it was actually making him play even worse though, so maybe it wasn't that bad of an idea. Is there anything wrong with berating somebody if you know it'll make them play worse? I guess it would kinda be an asshole move, but there is nothing really illegal about it. I know when I watch adonis/livb play he seems to always be berating/talking shit to players and I wonder if it doesn't make them play just a bit worse against him. Not that I'm gonna start doing it or anything, just got me thinking.

I'm kinda getting to the point now where I'm used to losing 1k+ on a bad day. I don't think the swings of the 230/345 really bother me much anymore unless I drop like 2.5k in a day or something. The only thing that really bothers me is the actual losing of the matches. Losing sucks. I probably don't get much more angry about losing 4 straight 345's as I do from losing 4 straight 115's. It's just the losing that kinda irks me. However it's easier to deal with losing 1k when you're already up 14k on the month.....it's hard to get to pissed.

I sat a 570 the other day and caught a fish. He wore me down to 800 pretty quickly but I rebounded to 1200 the doubled up when I limp called a minraise at 15/30 with J6 and hit a J69 flop. He had 10 7 and did the ole bet/call my raise, then bet turn/call my shove and I doubled. It's nice when they make it so easy! I'm now 6-1 in the 570 which is pretty fucking awesome.

I'm hoping today to get out of my my 2 day losing funk(lost the grand yesterday and about $200 the day before) if I decide to play. I'll try not to slack on my play the last week of this month. We'll see what happens!

July Profit - + $13,071

No comments: