Thursday, July 16, 2009

LOL

I was getting a little frustrated with HU today, down only $200 though, but decided to switch it up for a bit and 6 table some other random SNG's. I played 3 single table SNG's and 3 18 person sng's and went 0 for 6 in cashing. Ran QQ into AA, ran QQ into KK, lost JJ to A10 pre, lost AQ to AJ on A48 board, couldn't win a flip.......ARGHHHHHHHH I'M GONNA SNAP.

No more of that shit, how the fuck do people play 16 of those SNG's at once?? I thought my fucking head was gonna explode just doing 6 of them. So much for my mini foray into 6 tabling SNG's. How do you go 0 for 6??? It was only like $300 in buy ins, but oh my god it kinda tilted me.

Down about 500 today, but still up about 6500 for month, so still in pretty good shape. I'm feeling kinda tired/frustrated, prob gonna take the rest of the day off. I will def be in bed by 8 tonight. I will come back strong next time I play.

3 comments:

Wingpin said...

I've been thinking about establishing a FT account. What are the major pros/cons of FT vs Stars?

endgamep said...

Pros with FT: 1.Better rakeback. (unless you are supernova elite at pokerstars of course).
2. better HU cash action, especially at high stakes.
3. Good chat policy. You dont need the buy-in to be able to chat into the games you observe. Everone got the right to chat, (the players can turn of the chat if they dont like to have rail).

Cons with FT: 1.Less action. It's simply overall less sng action at FT compared to stars

2.Worse client. Its of course imposible to compete with the pokerstars client.

3.Worse blinds struckture for HU sngs. I think the pokerstars blinds structure is great because it a sort of normal game until you get to the 50/100 level. At the 50/100 level it kind of a tie-break or penalty kicks, or what ever you wanna name it. Every sport got a distinct change of play when its a tie break. I like this change when we are done with the 25/50 level.
At FT you got those borderline levels like 40/80 etc.. kinda strange.
4.Worse cash out policy. FT is such a mess when it comes to cash outs. First of all they demand you to scan and send photo of drivers licence or passport before you get anything. And I didnt manage to cash out to my visa bank card. That has never been a trouble with pokerstars, and should never be trouble outside of america.

I mean, I would guess pokerstars is twice as big as FT. Stars has always been a bigger dog than FT, and if anything the difference is getting bigger now. I noticed it was almost 300K people at stars at some point at sunday. Think its twice as many people playing at stars now at average compared to 2 years ago.

bartchalker said...

I think Thomas pretty much covered it.....I'll add a couple. I personally disagree with the better rakeback.....I get 27% on FT but lifetime on stars as a supernova with my FPP's I've been able to achieve close to 33%.

Also, FT has a bet pot button which means there are a lot of brainless morons who repeatedly bet the pot every time they make a bet which I think can increase variance a bit. I don't know....might just be in my head.

There is less action of FT however the lobbies for $100+ aren't constantly jammed with regs which is kinda nice sometimes.

but yeah overall Pokerstars is still #1