Saturday, April 25, 2009

Still going strong

It has really been an enjoying poker month, and it looks like the awesomeness does not want to end. Yesterday, I quickly got up about 1.5k and it was really looking like it could be a 2k+ day. Then I started getting smoked. I took a shot in a $570 and obv lose.......MF. It wasn't a real good player either. Then I drop to a 345 and the same dude sits me and owns me again. He later sits me in another 345 and sticks it in me one more time for good measure......arghhhhhh!!! I think losing multiple matches to the same player(especially if you think you got an edge) is one of the most frustrating things of HU matches. I'm smart enough to take a break now though. It used to be bad for me on Full Tilt sometimes with that wretched rematch button. I'm actually a fan of the rematch button but I used to just keep playing the same player over and over and over. It didn't matter if they were dominating me. I think it was safe to say that by the time it got to game 11 and i was 2-8 I was pretty much a drooling moron at that point due to tilt, haha. I'm a smarter bartchalker now though. Anyways, my profit shot down to a couple hundred on the day before I took down a $60/45 man sng for a $700 score and still managed to finish up a GGGGGGG.

I saw I've made it onto 2 sharkscope leaderboards which is kinda cool. I kinda thought at the beginning of 09 that I could make the $101-$300 HU total profit for sure but didn't really make it a goal or anything. I don't really care that much, it's not like you get any bonuses for making leaderboards or anything, but I guess it's kinda cool to see my name up there. I think I'm #11 on the $101-$300 buyin HU board, as well as #19 on the $101-$300 buyin any game board. I have to say I was a little sad to see sharkscope replace my little swimming shark with that white spinning star. I mean the star is cool and everything, but the shark just looked straight up bad ass to have swimming next to my name. I wish they could them both up, like side by side or some shit. Now that I am on a couple leaderboards hopefully I can stay up there.

I should pretty much have my best month ever locked up. It would take a pretty sizable(sizeable?) downswing at this point to shoot me back below 9.5k. I'm pretty confident I'll be all right though. I've still been pretty motivated to keep getting games in and hopefully these last 6 days of the month can be profitable as well......later.

April Profit - $13,795.06

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you play a single table or do you play 2+? How long is a typical session for you?

I've just started playing HUSNG and I'm struggling to log any semi-serious volume at the moment and wondered what "the norm" is

bartchalker said...

I typically play 1-2 tables, never more....unless I'm playing 9 man's or something I might 4 table, but I rarely play 9 mans anymore. Speaking about purely heads up I typically 1 table, maybe 2 tabling 15-20% of the time. I kinda go for a quality over quantity type thing. I personally kinda have to be in the right mental mindset to play 2 tables of HU. If I'm playing somebody who I know my best shot at beating them is just playing ABC poker then that's when I may typically fire up another game.

As far as sessions, it all just depends how I'm feeling and how well I feel I'm playing. One day I may play 25-30 games without stopping. One day maybe 15 games then call it day. One day maybe play 5 when I wake up, 5 a few hours later, and 15 more later that night. I just try to get in about 625 games/month playing good poker. I typically play about 30 hrs a week I suppose.....

GL

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me, much appreciated.

I think I'm going to 1 table initially, mainly because I have some new concepts I want to try out and its probably best to concentrate on one fish rather than two!

Best of luck for the rest of the year, who knows, we may clash at some point in the future!

Wingpin said...

Congrats on the record month!!

endgamep said...

congrats with a great month. You're good for making 150K/year now probably.

Totally agree with the problem with re-matching players when losing. It's terrible vs decent and good players, but also suboptimal vs loose-aggressive bad players. Such a mental game, a bad players A-game might be better than your B-game in some match ups.

A lot of the profit in HU comes when we play vs tilted players, players that are slightly frustrated or players that are in the bottom 15% in skills (fishbowles).
By sitting vs a random guy its a decent chance that guy is somewhat tilted or hopefully at huge tilt, or a fish bowl. When we re-match a player that are having a nice run its 99% sure you wont have that hughe tilt-frustation, or fish bowl value.

I keep doing this dumb mistakes over and over again though. Hopefully i will learn one day. In the heat of the session its so easy to forget that in the end of the year the only thing that really matters is total profit. Individual ego match rivalry is pretty much forgotten then.