Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Record breaking month

Well, the title pretty much says it all this month. It's only the 21st and I have already broken my monthly profit record(barring downswing to end month). The main thing right now is trying not to be content with my profit and fall into the trap of slacking on my volume. I have run above expectation this month, so I have to get my games in to make up for the months when I don't run so hot. I don't think I'm going to get the 700-750 games that I said I wanted this month but I do want to play over 600 for sure. I should be able to get there. Saturday I experienced just my 3rd losing day this month when I dropped 1.4k but I handled it very well. It only took me 10 games to pull that off and I stopped playing after that. I actually was playing quite badly in a few of the games. My bro was visiting Sunday so I took that day off. I think only playing 10 games Sat then taking Sunday off was a good thing to do. Sometimes when I'm on a hot run I almost start to feel invincible and maybe a little over confident. I sometimes will make too many "moves" or take too many high risk chances against the wrong players. That's what happened on Sat in a few of the games and it brought me back to reality pretty quick that I need to be 100% focused on making the best possible decisions when I'm playing or I'm better off not playing at all.

I started playing again yesterday and got back to owning peeps. I even had a 10 match winning streak between yesterday and today. Pretty awesome. I am still feeling so confident in every match I play. Not cocky or overconfident, i'm just being very decisive in my decision making, and my hand reading ability has been spot on in many of my matches. It's a good feeling to have.

I went to the Twins/Angels game on Fri night and it may be #1 on most exciting game I've been to. Twins down 9-4 in the 8th and score 7 times to take an 11-9 lead. Kubel came up with the bases juiced and Twins down 9-7. He had also already hit a single, double, and triple. So he obv crushes it out to complete the cycle and hit the go ahead grand slam. I don't think anybody in the dome sat down from that moment until the game ended in the 9th. So exciting, just wow. Not a game I will ever forget for sure.

GO TWINS!!!!!!

GO BARTCHALKER!!!!!!!!!

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April Profit - $11,332.50

2 comments:

ABCofOregon said...

credit to you on being committed to your volume and honest about your game at all times.

And thank you for tilting an opponent who played you at 220 and came back to my 55 level...lol. Keep outplaying them, and keep tilting them for me..

bartchalker said...

Kick em while there down!