Saturday, November 8, 2008

update

Well the month started off good enough with a +$1600 day on Monday, but in the days that followed I've lost about $600 making me up about an even grand this first week. Although I have played far from perfect poker I am really annoyed by some of the shit that keeps happening. It really really pisses me off, just the standard AA into K4 on K47 flop or AK against A9 on the A92, or 8 10 against J9 on the 7 8 10 flop. fucking puke. Then the fact i'm not playing my A game doesn't help so I have to fix that ASAP. You would think after playing almost a year professionally i could let this bullshit roll of my back but I just have a hard time doing it. But whatever it could be alot worse and still have 3 weeks left in the month. I typed my original goal for the month as 7.5k but that might have been wishful thinking. I've averaged this year about 6k/month, so although I've hit 7.5k and up a few times it's not very realistic to make it a goal right now. We'll see what happens.

I've almost abandoned playing on Full Tilt completely now. Up until about a month or so ago I used to play about 2/3 of my games on Full Tilt. When I had originally signed up with Full Tilt back in the day i had no idea about rakeback so didn't sign up through an affiliate to get it. They had told me no way I could get it on existing account, then I hear about some other peeps getting it on existing accounts. What the fuck? i exchange some emails over the next few months and they keep telling me the same crap, i'm on some list be patient blah blah blah. I finally said the hell with it typed them an email saying I was quitting the site an dplaying at pokerstars, boom next day I get email saying i get get 27% rakeback, lol. Is that all it takes? But after taking a closer look i realized pokerstars players club absolutely BLOWS full tilt out of the water. On FT i was saving up for the 50 inch plasma which was 515,000 points. for every $115 turbo i played in i got 35 points/game. plus i could get some iron man medeals which equated to about 16-18 thousand points extra/month. Pokerstars as supernova i can get 87.5 points/game AND they have a 60 inch plasma that is just 270,000 points. so i earn way more points/game + the merchandise is cheaper. Hmmmmmm, i wish I would have looked at this shit closer at an earlier date, some pro i am lol. on top of that my $/game is better on stars and if i use there points to enter sunday million satalites it comes down to about 30% rakeback anyways when i reach supernova(which I will in December).

Ok, hoping this next week is a sweeeetttt week with lotsa $$$. gotta make it happen. Probably won't play much sunday with the football games on. Big game Vikings vs Packers, hoping vikes can pull it off.

Prediction: Vikings 23 Packers 20 Vikes on last second field goal

Ok good luck to anyone grinding, I'm out.

4 comments:

endgamep said...

Interesting to hear that you also are getting upset with cold decks / bad beats / downswings etc.

I remember that when i was a losing/break even player I believed that when I finally some day maid consistently profit I would not care that much about bad beats and stuff. But here I am, and its stell painful. Its seems to be that way no matter how much you are making consistently.
However, I must say that it is somewhat less frustrating and painful now, because I know I probably gonna make a new all time high profit sooner or later as usual.
Losing/break even players do not know that.

Ryan said...

One thing to consider...

While Stars FPPs > FTP pts, you have to pretend it's all rakeback % (bc it is) and FTP gives you like 27%+ RB while Stars gives you none.

It ends up being like 25% rb if you're a supernova on Stars and use your FPPs for concierge (best value) but your FTP rb % is over 27% in that case.

I don't play FTP, but I think your rb is a better value there.

----

Nice call on the Packers/Vikings game, good to see you guys knock the Packers out of first, but now you're in 1st with my Bears. Unfortunately for us, we never seem to stop AP at all and you guys have underperformed this year so far.

bartchalker said...

Hey ry, thanks for the input, actually I've always thought the best value for FPP's was through the 5400 point qualifiers for the sunday million where 4/10 get the $215 entry. I figure it like this- an average player has a 40% chance to get the $215 so their equity in the sng would be $86($215*.4) so each point is effectively worth about 1.6 cents ($86/5400). With supernova for every $1 in rake you put in you get 17.5 points making your rakeback 28%(17.5*.016). That's for an average player too, if you could cash 45% of the time in the sng you're rakeback would be about 31.5%($215*.4=$96.75/5400=.018*17.5) I think the math is right on all that.

As for the NFC North race, it should be a good one. Vikes/Bears got a big one at the dome Nov. 30. Could potentially decide the division. I really hope the Vikes take the division this year but they always find a way to fuck shit up so you might not be in too bad of shape.......

Duke Broadway said...

hello, i really dont know what to say