Monday, November 3, 2008

First blog entry ever

Well, I've decided to start my own poker blog(it seems like the cool thing to do these days amongst professional players). I have to admit just typing this now feels a bit awkward, as I've never blogged before and never thought it would be something I'd ever be inclined to do. I think this will be a good place to make my poker goals, and just typing them out where people can read them(even if it's only a few random people who happen upon this blog) will give me a little extra motivation to achieve them. Also it might be a good place to type out some of the frustrations and stresses that come with the territory of being a professional player(at the very least it may decrease the poker bitching my girlfriend will have to hear when I am running bad). Not that anyone wants to hear bad beat stories(except you sickos who get some kind of enjoyment out of others' poker misery, like myself I guess), but in a blog at least you can just skip it. I will try to make entries at least once per week. However I also guess there is the possibility I get bored with this fast and quit within the month, but we'll see.

I have been playing for a living since Dec 1, 2007(almost a year now!). I started like many playing low stakes SNG's. For me it was on PartyPoker playing the $5 + $1 ten person sng's, eventually moving up to the $11 and $22 sng's. Then of course PartyPoker shut down to US customers(UIGEA makes me angry every time I think about it) and I got accounts on Full Tilt and Pokerstars where I got into Heads Up Sng's(I now play about 90% of my games on Stars) which I found was by far the game I was the most naturally skilled at, I worked my way up to the $57.50 HU Turbos rather quickly and started tracking my stats more closely and realized my $ per hour was much higher than at my accounting job, so that was that. I now play the $115's the vast majority of the time, every once in a while jumping to the $230's(sometimes cuz i'm feeling on top of my game and sometimes cuz I'm tilting like shit). Eventually I may move into the $230's on a more permanent basis, but for now I am happy with where I'm at and am in no hurry.

Like I typed earlier I will try to make posts at least once a week, hopefully this is like the movie "She's all that"(I have no idea why I've seen this movie) where the ugly girl turns beautiful in the end. I want my blog to be beautiful!

5 comments:

endgamep said...

I think its reasonable to wish one of the best 110 HU turbo players ever welcome and GL with the blog.

PrimordialAA said...

thx for the link Bart, I added you to mine. GL with the blog, and your games,

-Primo

Qi said...

Hey, you are now part of my blog-lurk while I'm at work routine...

cheers, qihu00

bartchalker said...

Well look at this, 3 comments on my blog, nice! Thanks for the compliment Thomas, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now.

Primo thanks for the link also, been reading your blog for a little while now, always liked it.

Glad to hear it Qihu, you have some pretty impressive stats yourself.

Duke Broadway said...

hey bart! give me a call when you get this. maybe i will do it.

your baby bro,, dukkie Bizzle