Thursday, November 20, 2008

Disabled List

I think I suffered an online poker injury the other day, lol. On Tuesday I was feeling some slight pain in my right wrist(mouse wrist) nothing serious just a little annoying. Then yesterday I put in a 7 hour playing day and noticed the pain was a bit more bothersome, especially if I moved my wrist but nothing too bad figured it should be gone in the morning. I go to bed but wake up about 4 hours later and my wrist is in extreme pain. It literally felt like somebody smashed it with a hammer while I was sleeping, it was fucking BAD. I got up, iced it,popped some aspirin, and a few hours later fell back asleep for a tad longer. Now the pain has subsided some, but it still hurts. Annoying.

I hope this is just a little flukey thing and is nothing serious. Maybe I hold my wrist in an awkward position while I'm playing, I'm not sure. In an average week i probably play about 25-30 hours which isn't a whole lot. I mean at my last job I worked 40 hrs a week and sometimes it was alot of mouse clicking and data entry on the 10 key. I don't recall every having any problems from that. Maybe I need to start doing some kind of hand stretching exercies after every hour or two of playing. Anyone out there do that? Anyways my brother is coming to visit for the next day or two so it'll be a good time to take some time off. It was about time to take a little break anyways.

Since my last update things have been going all right. I'm up around 3.7k for the month right now so I can deal with that. Hopefully I can finish strong.

Here is a somewhat interesting/funny hand I played yesterday:

PokerStars Game #22170117056: Tournament #121498947, $110+$5 Hold'em No
Limit - Match Round I, Level II (15/30) - 2008/11/19 2:39:47 ET
Table '121498947 1' 2-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: bartchalker (1800 in chips)
Seat 2: Villain (1200 in chips)
bartchalker: posts small blind 15
Villain: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bartchalker [5d Qc]
bartchalker: calls 15
: Villain checks
*** FLOP *** [6c Ac 7c]
Villain: checks
bartchalker: bets 60
Villain: calls 60
*** TURN *** [6c Ac 7c] [Kh]
Villain: checks
bartchalker: bets 120
Villain: calls 120
*** RIVER *** [6c Ac 7c Kh] [Ad]
Villain: checks
bartchalker: bets 270
Villain: calls 270
*** SHOW DOWN ***
bartchalker: shows [5d Qc] (a pair of Aces)
Villain: mucks hand
bartchalker collected 960 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 960 Rake 0
Board [6c Ac 7c Kh Ad]
Seat 1: bartchalker (button) (small blind) showed [5d Qc] and won (960) with a pair of Aces
Seat 2: Villain (big blind) mucked [Jd 8c]


My read on villain at the time told me he'd fold to this river bet the vast majority of the time. I am beating most of his drawing hands that he was calling with at this point, so I'm betting here to make the 6 or 7 fold , but also to make a hand like Q8-QJ fold if he was chasing a small flush with the 8, 9, 10, or J of clubs, which this guy would have done. Honestly at the time the only hand I thought I'd get called by was if he had the K of clubs in his hand, and hit the K on turn.(or of course if he has the A or a slowplayed monster) Obv my read was way, way off. Funny though.

Till next time, see ya

No comments: