Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rolling

Well maybe I should have started this blog thing awhile back! Absolutely dominated, tore apart, pwnd,(whatever you wanna call it) the $110's yesterday. Combined 18-2, after starting off 3-2 i won 15 in a row which is my longest streak ever. I will see if I can keep that streak going for a while today. It's unbelievable when you are on a streak like that, I'd like to chalk it all up to awesome play, but of course to win 15 in a row a little good fortune needs to come your way.

This is where I need to be careful not to tilt. Most players think of someone on tilt as someone who's just dumped 15 buyins and is now playing like a moron, but I feel I sometimes tilt in a way after doing really good. I think it's a feeling of invincibility and being a little overconfident, which culminates in making sub optimal decisions at the table(being too fancy, maybe trying to many crazy bluffs, feeling you're running good and you can chase without proper odds). Most of the done I don't even realize how bad I'm playing, but when I think back to the hands or look back at the histories I see the mistakes I was making. BAAAAADDDDDDDD.

I've read in many many places that poker should be thought of as one long session, so you should never get to high or too low after one session. I don't know how many out there can adapt that mindset but I sure as fk can't. After a session like yesterday I feel ecstatic and pumped up, if it had been the opposite and i'd gone 2-18, I'd have been pissed off (My biggest enemy at the poker table, and I'm sure I'm not the only one out there, is tilt and not letting it affect my game, or taking a break when I start to feel it creep in). I am extremely competitive when I play and I want to win every game and sometimes get pissed when I can't(which is soooo ridiculous, like a MLB player getting pissed he can't hit .500). However as much as I love to win, I will never love winning as much as I HATE losing. Ok, enough about he ugly subject of tilt....

All right here are my goals for November:

-Play 650 Heads up SNG's(mostly $115's, maybe with a few $230's thrown in)

-Play 50 9-10 person SNG's(between $60 and $114)

-Don't tilt!(last month I feel I was on tilt for like a week straight, and my bottom line probably suffered because of it)

-Make $7,500 this month(this isn't so much a goal, just hoping it happens, I don't like setting goals like this in poker because sometimes you have no control over if you achieve them)

-Get some fkn exercise! I've been horrible lately with getting in the exercise room. I'm not a fat man or anything however getting exercise makes me feel better and makes me play better poker.

Good luck

No comments: