Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Back on Track

I've recovered from that little 4k downswing the last few days. The day after that post I ripped off a 2.4k day, only to follow it up with a 1k loss on Sunday. However the last 2 days I've made back another 3k. I really played well yesterday, my mind was in the game and I was feeling super confident. I ran super hot too which felt nice. Man, I know I've prob said it enough in this blog but soooooo much of this game is about self confidence. When I'm on a hot streak and feeling confident and making all the right moves it just kinda builds upon itself. I seem to pick up on all the little things my opponent is doing, but more importantly have the confidence to pull the trigger on the moves to exploit these things. Yesterday I was even able to pick up a timing tell on an opponent that helped me lay down a big hand and call down with a weak one. Sometimes when running bad I play bad and lose my confidence for a while and kinda fall into the mindset "why try that, it's not gonna work anyways" or some similar line of thinking. STAY CONFIDENT

I think I've made over 200k in my poker career now. My sharkscope for stars/ft is at around 188k total and I know it missed about a 5k upswing I had a couple months ago, plus I know I've made about 10k back in the day on random poker sites like Party, Bodog, Pacific, Noble. I guess it's kinda a cool milestone to hit.

I don't think it's an issue, but I hope I don't come off as being real braggy when I type shit like above, or when I'm typing my monthly profits. I feel a little weird typing it at times, but being that it's a poker blog it would be kinda odd not to include it. Besides there are a ton of players who have made more and are far more successful in this game than I am....and are far better players too. When I'm adding up my profits I mostly think of it as more points then money....kinda like a way of keeping score you know??? Just figured I'd throw this little paragraph in here.

Here's the deciding hand I played in a game against Gavin Smith a while back that I meant to post but forgot.

Full Tilt Poker Game #15287608048: $220 + $10 Heads Up Sit & Go (112092656), Table 1 - 25/50 - No Limit Hold'em - 10:39:13 ET - 2009/10/12

Seat 1: bartchalker (1,665)

Seat 2: Gavin Smith (1,335)

Gavin Smith posts the small blind of 25

bartchalker posts the big blind of 50

The button is in seat #2

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to bartchalker [Qs Qc]

Gavin Smith raises to 1,335, and is all in

bartchalker calls 1,285

Gavin Smith shows [5s 8s]

bartchalker shows [Qs Qc]

*** FLOP *** [Ac Qd 2s]

*** TURN *** [Ac Qd 2s] [2c]

*** RIVER *** [Ac Qd 2s 2c] [Kd]

Gavin Smith shows a pair of Twos

bartchalker shows a full house, Queens full of Twos

bartchalker wins the pot (2,670) with a full house, Queens full of Twos

*** SUMMARY ***

Total pot 2,670 | Rake 0

Board: [Ac Qd 2s 2c Kd]

Seat 1: bartchalker (big blind) showed [Qs Qc] and won (2,670) with a full house, Queens full of Twos

Seat 2: Gavin Smith (small blind) showed [5s 8s] and lost with a pair of Twos



Not exactly the most interesting hand to post and I'm sure in this case Gavin was just fucking around/drunk(although he was playing OK the first 2 levels) I just find it amazing that every sponsored pro I ever play is never that good. Obviously HU is not their main game, usually MTT's/cash games are and they have prob made more $$$$ than I ever will, but wow, you would think those skills would somewhat transfer over to HU and other SNG's. I mean Gavin Smith is down like 177k on scope...wtf??!! I really feel like the top online players whether it be in MTT's, cash games, whatever are better players and understand the game alot more than alot of the TV Pros. They should have some of the top 6max sng players online play on Poker After Dark against those guys. Those TV Pros would get killed.


In my opinion!!!!!


Oct Profit - $6,910


later ladies & gents


bartchalker



5 comments:

Droppin' Treats said...

Yo Bart

wuts ur opinion on the Double or Nothings on Stars... you think its possible to grind these for sustainable monthly profits and what kind of roll would you suggest to 6 table the $20

Sir Nemo said...

good job with the recovery mate!

bpmst2 said...

bart, good stuff man. I have a question for you as well. Have you ever used team viewer to let someone sweat your games? If you'd be open to doing this I'd love to take you up on it. My aim is brianm0626. If not, I understand too. Either way good job so far in '09.

bartchalker said...

Hey Droppin Treats.....judging my the sharkscope leaderboards for DON's it looks to be possible to grind these for some decent profit. The top player for 2009 is up 70k in them, and the top 20 are up at least 30k. It looks like in the 16-35 level 30k is the top player. So it looks if you know what you're doing you def can make some good money.

As far as bankroll recommendations....it looks like the top players win about 55-56% of their games. That looks to be about the even with HU. Maybe a little more variance for a good player in DON's. I roll with a very conservative bankroll strategy which might not work for all people. I believe in having a big enough roll to not even remotely having to think about going busto. It keeps the pressure off and keeps you playing your A-game. I believe they are $20-$1's? I would recommend $1,500-$2,000 depending on where your skill level is at.

Thanks Nemo

bpmst....no I've never used team viewer, and I guess don't really plan on it in the near future. If I ever decide to offer coaching in the future(which I doubt I will) I'd prob use it then. I'll let you know if I ever change my mind though. GL.

Droppin' Treats said...

cool, thanks man