Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Poker month Sept wrap up

My poker month for Sept was a success in terms of profit, however in terms of volume was kinda a failure. My goal for this month was to play 500 games at the bare minimum, however I only managed to play 446 HU games. There were 6 days this month that I took off completely from poker, and another 3 days where I played less then an hour. That's 9 total days of playing 0-1 hours which is quite rare for me. I guess I just didn't feel like playing as much as I normally do. I don't feel I played my A-game this month either for the most part. I think made quite a few questionable/tilty plays.

I finished up about 9.3k in the heads up arena, and made about 3.2k of FPP rakeback(2k was a milestone bonus). I also made a smallish $100 or so in other random SNG's. My overall Sept profit wound up at right around 12.6k which I am happy with. I will be 100% happy if I can keep booking 12k months the rest of the year.

Here is my HU breakdown for Sept

$115: 10-11
$230: 156-128
$345: 84-55
$570: 0-2

All of that combines for about a 56% win rate. If I had avoided the dumbass plays it prob could have been 57% and would have made me an extra couple grand in profit. I'm sure almost everyone can look back and say that at the end of the month though.....

Here are my Sept heads up graphs......first one is Full Tilt, 2nd one PokerStars. They are about $800 too low because I lost most of my chops this month.



I pretty much split my time pretty evenly between the two sites this month and that will probably continue the rest of the year as it has been working out quite well. My numbers in HU were actually a little better at FT this month then Stars. It makes it so much easier to spread my playing across 2 sites instead of forcing myself to play all the time on Stars. I'm even semi thinking about adding a 3rd site, maybe Cake or Cereus?? Does anybody out there have any experience with those 2 sites?? What's the traffic like at the $100-$500 HU games? Are the games soft?

The only problem with doing this is I'm not going to reach my 300k VPP milestone bonus of 3k on stars like I was on pace too. However I think the extra games I get in by being more flexible with where I'm playing will make it worth it. I also get 27% rakeback on FT, while I'm making over 31% on Stars. The games are faster on FT too, which is prob what results in my $/game being less there. All of this added together is going to start making me count each game on FT as just .7 games which will force me to play a few more games.

I'm looking forward to another solid month in Oct.

Good Luck

bartchalker

1 comment:

Wingpin said...

I've played a ton of $10/$25 Hu on Cake, and a small sample of $50 and $100. The traffic is fine at $50, probably ok at $100 too, but above that I'm pretty sure its really slow and filled with regs.