Monday, June 15, 2009

Back from Vegas, back to work

Well, we got back from Las Vegas Sat. evening and as fun as Vegas is it still feels good to get back home. I did alot of gambling in Vegas, however not much of it was poker. I spent a bit too much time at the blackjack tables and roulette wheels. I get destroyed playing roulette every time I sat down. I actually only sat down at a poker table twice. They were both 1/2 NL. My brother was sitting at my table the first time I played and I ran KK into his AA to lose $200. I rebought for 200 and was able to win 100 back in about 1.5 hrs. Then the next day there were 9 people on the waiting list so they started a brand new table and on the very first hand i get dealt 33. My brother is directly to my right and is UTG and opens for $7 i call it folds to the button who 3bets to $27. It folds back to my brother who calls and I call and we see a flop of 3KQhh. Turned out my brother has QQ and the other guy has AKhh for TPTK with nut draw. All 3 of our chuips obv go in on flop, Such a sick flop, my brother holds and drags it. I rebuy for 200 and am down to about 125 of that when I open KK UTG to 12 and get a calller on the button. Flop comes J68dd i bet 20 he calls turn another J i check he bets 25 i check raise all in for my remaining 90 or whatever and he calls with AJ. He obv tanks for a full minute before making this absurdly easy call. I will say that a 1/2 game in vegas seems to play alot like a 0.10/0.25 game online. Players are just fucking horrible overall. Should have played more poker and less roulette I think....

My GF and I also saw 3 shows. We saw the 2 cirque du soleil shows, "Mystere" and "O". We also saw the burlesque show at the flamingo. All 3 were good. I strongly suggest that anyone who wants to see an awesome show, go see Mystere. That is the most incredible thing I've ever seen. It's totally worth the $80 or $100 or whatever you end up paying. A++++++ show. "O" was also good but not as good as mystere in my opinion, plus it's more expensive. 2 tickets to "O" were $340. I would also reccomend the burlesque show, those girls put on a pretty good show, plus they dance to some pretty awesome music. The tickets were $50 but when we went in the guy bringing us to our seats said that we had general seating and asked if we'd like to improve our seating. I being a bit oblivious asked if that was free to which he replied, "well if you take care of me I'll take care of you." So I slipped him a $10 bill and he brought us to the very front. It was pretty cool.

We were there for 5 nights and stayed at the Flamingo. The last time my GF and I went was on New years 5 yrs back and it was alot more toned down from that time. New Years in Vegas was pretty wild....I kinda like it a bit more quiet, lol.

It's time to get back to grinding now...I've played about 30 games or so since i've been back and it's been very swingy. Overall on the month now I'm down around 100. Time to get back in the groove!

bartchalker

1 comment:

aurimelis said...

gl man!