Sunday, May 31, 2009

Buh Bye May

"A 10k month is still possible but prob won't happen. I'm gonna shoot for a 5k month right now."

Above is a quote from my blog entry on May 8th when I was down about 3k on the month. Below are my final #'s

Heads Up - $9,992.80
Other sng's - ($181.44)
FPP rakeback - $1,935.00

Total May Profit - $11,746.36

On the 8th I would have been happy making 8k to finish up 5k on the month. Plus I had been running pretty bad for over a week, so at the time even making 8k just sounds impossible. I sometimes forget how badly I can tear it up when I'm playing good and running good at the same time, and that's pretty much what happened the last 2/3 of the month. I hit a little rough patch on the 26th & 27th losing about 1.6 between the two days, then breaking even on the 28th. Sadly I prob dumped 2 or 3 buy ins because of tilting which was bad. I took the 29th off and came into the 30th up about 7.5k on the month, but ripped it up for a 2.7k day(2nd best day ever), then I followed that up with a 1.5k day today. Talk about a clutch end to the month. I'm hoping that 10k+ months will start becoming the norm for me.

I didn't make my 625 HU game goal as I played 566 games. I can live with that. There were a few days I quit playing early, or just took off completely. If not for those days I would have made it but I also may have just gotten burned out and tilted off some $$. Trying to push volume to reach goals is kinda stupid sometimes.

I played just 71 games at the $115 this month, 387 games at $230, and 106 games at $345. I pretty much feel 100% comfortable with both the competition and the swings of the $230 now, and only dip back into the $115 when I want to get some quick games in and the $230 lobby is jammed up with regs. I feel pretty comfortable at the $345 as well. The competition I'm facing does not concern me, but sometimes the swings of that level can get to me. If I drop 8 of 10 games at that level it really tilts me a bit.

I'm leaving for Las Vegas on the 8th and not coming back till the 13th so I'm going to drop my volume goal to 475 games, as I won't be playing any online poker during that time. I'm not playing any WSOP events, just a coincidence I'm going there at that time. Should be a fun time and I'm looking forward to it.

Bring on June!

bartchalker

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im going to make 6 million in LV