Friday, May 8, 2009

Tough first week of May

May has been a struggle so far. The first 6 days was kinda a back and forth thing just kinda treading water. I came into yesterday down about $500 on the month. Then yesterday I had my worst day ever profit wise, finishing down 2.4k. Ouch. I went 2-2 in the 115, 7-12 in the 230, and 1-4 in the 345. Just an all around brutal day where nothing would go right.

Even after finishing up 19k last month, stretches like these still hurt. Crazy game. A week ago I have my best ever day finishing up 3k, then yesterday BOOM! I lose 2.4k. It reminded yet again that in poker a shitty day always feels much worse than an awesome day feels good. It's so shitty how that works.

This whole week I've been unbelievably card dead which has led to me trying to force plays in bad spots, trying to bluff my way out of goofy spots I get myself into and shit like that. I've bluffed off my stack in too many bad spots and to players who do not know how to fold, so I should know better. Too many players making hero/spite calls against me.

A 10k month is still possible but prob won't happen. I'm gonna shoot for a 5k month right now.

I think instead of saying I'm down 2.9k in May I'm just gonna say I'm up 16k in April & May. It makes me feel better :)

Time to turn it around!!!!

May losses ($2,904.44)

2 comments:

ABCofOregon said...

yeah...that is a better way to look at it. the way I look at a good streak and bad streak is that my overall % is what matters. Your April roi was crazy and way above what your normal, overall %roi/$profit per game will look like right? It evens out so..... you know...

bartchalker said...

yeah, def all that matters is how you do overall.....good and bad stretches happen....I just like to complain about the bad ones sometimes.