Tuesday, May 5, 2009

JEEZ

I just added up my final tally for the day in HU and it's kinda sick, haha. 30 total HU games with a total record of 16-14. Only problem is that I went 3-0 in 115's(Nice!), 11-6 in 230's(Super!!), and 2-8 in 345's(WTF!?!?, PUKE). That's kinda the shitty part about playing at 3 different levels is that it feels like I should be about even in HU but instead I'm down almost $900 even with a 16-14 record. I managed to offset these losses a tad in some other random SNG's/FPP rakeback at least.

Maybe I'll take a little break from the 345 for a couple days.......I'm confident I will get this turned around and be outta the red for the month in the next day or three.

Gonna enjoy a Monster and watch the twins go for 2 straight over Detroit!! 13-13 on the year, let's get back over .500!!!

Happy grinding

bartchalker

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you play much higher stakes but what srt of bankroll management do you use out of interest?

I recently spunked my roll away playing blackjack whilst drunk so have started again at the $6.25's with $150, planning to move up to the $11.50's when i have around $250-300

Is this too aggro considering I'd find it difficult to reload should I go busto?

bartchalker said...

I like to be over rolled for any limit I play(if there is such a thing as being over rolled). When I was playing the 33's, 55's and 110's I always like to have 100 buy ins for the level I was playing in my acct. Now I keep a roll of about 80 buy ins for the 220, and I'm also willing to play the 330 and take occasional shots at the 550 with that roll. I don't think I've ever had a downswing that's taken out any more than 25% of my roll, but it makes me feel comfortable and keeps me playing my best not having to even remotely worrying about going busto.

I would think that $150 should be enough to play the $6.25's considering the skill level of your opponents will be pretty low.

If you are going to have trouble reloading if you lose your $150 investment I would personally move down to the $2 if your roll dips below $100. I think moving up to the $11's is fine with a $300 roll also as long as you move back down to the $6 if your roll drops back to the $150 mark.

I would also recommend staying away from blackjack while drunk ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the advice.

I decided to play the standard $5.25s and will be using an aggressive BR strategy where I will probably have to drop back down a lot unless I run well.

Once I settle on a certain stake I will be using 50-100 BI as a base.

Thanks again