Sunday, January 11, 2009

Hot Streak

Almost immediately after writing my last entry I turned it around. I guess the poker gods heard my cries for help. I only played 11 games yesterday but went 10-1 which was nice and an instant cure for tilt. The awesomeness has continued into today and I'm 5-0. I am in the midst of a 12 game winning streak, only one of them was a $230. We'll see how long I can stretch this streak out, my record is 15 in a row, would be nice to break that.

Before I started playing the HU sngs I dabbled in some HU cash game action for about 2.5 hours. I don't know what came over me, just suddenly had an urge to play a cash game. I played 1/2 No limit and ended up making $165 which was cool. The first person I played stacked me for $200. I made a donkey call for $65 on the river. Then put my last 40 bb's in pre with 88 against 10 10. I bought in one more time and played one horrible player who stacked off for about 90 bb's on a KQ9 flop holding K2 against my KQ. Thank you. That got me going on the right track. They are actually kind of fun to play, I might do that again just to switch things up for the sng's. I think I might tilt faster in a cash game, that's the only problem.

I made about $75 on the Titans/Ravens game by betting the Ravens to win outright. Sports betting roll nearing $700 now. It sucks that football season is almost over, I won't have much to bet on. No other sport is as fun to bet on as football in my opinion.

Watched Phil Gordon take down Poker after Dark the other night. The first episode of the week was pretty funny with that Ziedman guy needling Helmuth, cracks me up. I think PAD is tied with High Stakes Poker for best poker show out there. Everything else seems to be such garbage. At least those shows you get to see some actual poker play, unlike on for example the WSOP episodes on ESPN where you see AQ against JJ all in pre, AK against 99, shit like that. A whole show of preflop all in races. The 2008 WSOP main event final table was OK, but the heads up portion was a fucking joke if you ask me. That heads up battle between Demidov and Eastgate last 4 hours, and what does ESPN show? 2 hands of it, lol. They should have almost made a whole new 2 hour telecast just for the heads up. Maybe that wouldn't be a big draw to viewers, not sure, but I would def watch.

I started my exercise routine last week. I told myself 3 days of exercise a week, but I only got 2 days in my first week doing it. Already breaking it. I think doing that will def imrove my poker game. I just do enough cardio to get the good ole runners high. Usually about 30 min on the step machine and 1 mile on the treadmill. I'd like to do it all on the treadmill but it kills my knees if I run more than a mile. It seems exercise kind of clears your mind and just makes you feel good. That's very good for my poker game, it helps me make more clear/decisive decisions and tilt less.

Oh yeah by the way cannot believe the Cardinals upset the Panthers, not just upset but blew them out of the fucking water. Delhomme throws 5 picks, lol. Choke!!!

Keep the good times rolling!

No comments: