Monday, January 18, 2010

Not a fun month so far

January has really sucked so far. I was really feeling in the groove the day after making my last post but went on to have a horrible day. I ended up losing about 2k, mostly due to a 3-10 record in the $345. Then I followed that up with a $500 loss yesterday, which was my 8th straight losing day in a row!! I know that's never happened before. I finally snapped the losing streak today by going 16-12 overall in the 230/345 for about $750.

Like I said in my last post though, I've taken a lot of time off this month and have just started picking up the volume the last few days. I'm pretty confident I'll break out of this soon. Fuck, it was just 2 months ago that I was saying all this same shit!! November started off horribly for me and I still managed to recover and make a nice profit. Gonna have to have a repeat of that this month!

Know what I love??? When I bluff off my stack and villain calls me down to win the match then they type "ty". Thank You?????!!!! Is that some sorta pathetic fucking attempt at a needle you fucking fish? When you know that they had no idea where they were in the hand, and were calling you out of nothing but spite, and the only thing going through their stupid brain was "I hope he doesn't have it this time." Go suck a dick. Go suck a herpes infested cock and get the herpes all over your dumb fucking lips. Then go kiss your fat, ugly girlfriend who you've managed to keep your dick sucking secret from, and give them to her too. That's what you can do with your little TY. Moron. Then make sure you snap decline the rematch, then type in "GG fish" and go run back down to low stakes since you obviously just doubled your roll with some degen shot. In 6 days when you lose it, just make sure you come back to donate some more. You were probably just "unlucky" anyways. Whore.

I'm gonna start owning peeps again real soon. No lies. No lies.

I'm really not as angry as I sound, just wanted to rant. Poker is the shit obv, and donkeys are the BIG shit.

I noticed earlier today that Pokerstars had over 300,000 people on it!! Is that amazing or what?! I remember before Party Poker shut down to the U.S. they used to be the big site and would hit over 100k in traffic. Then I remember Pokerstars hitting 150k and thought that was just amazing. But wow, 300k peeps on stars and 100k on FT today. Some people were saying that poker would have lost it's popularity by now. Not in the online world I guess. The day will definitely come but I think it's at least several years away.

That's it, I'm done. Good night everybody.

Jan - ($2,163)

bartchalker

3 comments:

Wingpin said...

Dude...I detect a smidge of hostility in your post with the herpes infested cock and all that..hahahaha. Good stuff man...thats what keeps me coming back...not quite on the Thomasny level yet with the "splooging a nut all over the $110" beauty, but def on your way man.

As for the popularity of poker, I disagree with you. I think its here to stay. It may have slight ebbs and flows in its popularity like everything does...but I think it will grow at a healthy pace, faster than population growth for the foreseeable future anyway. Most people I know in everyday life have never payed online poker in their lives. Many of them eventually will at least donk off a small deposit or two in their lifetime with a few becoming heavy players. Given the fact that poker is global and very established into the mainstream I would handicap the likliehood of it suffering a serious decline in popularity at very close to zero.

Also, I think the way our government is spending itself into oblivion, it will be faced with no choice but to legalize it along with some drugs which are currently illicit in order to get their hands on the tax revenue. Once they let that genie out of the bottle it will be 100% guaranteed here forever.

bartchalker said...

I really hope you're right. I've always just kind of given poker a window of 3-5 years to be able to make any real good money at it. I just feel players will continue to get better and most bad players do eventually drop out. Especially in the online world when they feel they've been cheated in some way, or that it's rigged against them. On top of that, the industry kind of feeds on itself, since when the $$$$ reaches certain hands it is taken out of the poker world and into bank accounts.

I guess only time will tell though.

Good Luck

endgamep said...

Nice post. It get's quite frustrating when youre running bad for a week. Gonna happen sometimes at the 230+. Skilled sox said that at the 550-5500 stakes he has experienced negative variance for almost 1000 games in the turbos. While he has been running good for 1000 games as well.

We all know that variance can be sick. But in fact, i think it's even sicker than what we are aware about, especially at 230+ stakes.

I like to put my hand histories into an all-in-luck-calculator when i feel i've been running bad the last few houndred games. Like always it will confirm huge "injustice"

I agree with Wing about the popularity of poker. Poker has only been popular for about 7 years, which means it's still quite new, and the knowledge about how to play texas holdem is still spreding. Moreover poker is quite addicting, almost like drugs indeed.

When it comes to online poker more than 90% of all the active players are between 18-50 years old. So they will still be around in 10 years. However in 5-10 years a ton of new players have learend how to play texas holdem. In 2011 it will for sure be a ton more people knowing how to play texas holdem compared to 2010. I think this is contributing a lot to the fact that pokerstars and fulltilt got significantly more players online now than 1 year ago.

Is no doubt that its a lot more difficult to get rich by playing online poker now compared to some years ago, and it might become even more difficult in the future. But I predict it still will be possible to make 200K- 1 million a year on HU sngs in 10 years as well. Guys like livb112 will always find an edge, no matter how tough the game is.

Hopefully the game won't get tougher though. Hopefully it will still be plenty of fat, lazy and stupid americans (as well as europeian) in the game.