Monday, November 30, 2009

Nov Wrap Up

I'm finished playing poker for Nov. Wow, this was a frustrating month. It's quite possible I've never been as frustrated playing poker as I was this month. Alot of it was bad luck and running bad and obviously a decent part of it was just not playing up to my potential. Thankfully in the final week I did not have a losing day and managed to semi turn the month around. For a while it was looking like it could end up being a losing month if I kept on the track I was on. I escaped though and turned a profit I am happy with, despite it being my 2nd worst month of the year.

Heads Up - $4,673.25
Misc SNG's - ($333)
Bonuses/Rakeback - $1,961

This all adds up to about $6,300. The way the month started I'll take that!

I tried playing a few more $570's this month and did end up playing 10 of them. I went 5-5 overall. I wouldn't mind getting a few more of those in but I don't know if I'm really 100% comfortable with the notion of being able to drop 2k+ in just 4 games. It'll probably be a slow process kinda like the jump from $115 to 230/345 was. It will probably be even slower because I'm pretty happy with the games I'm playing now and don't really want the added stress right now.

HU breakdown:

$115 - 15-6
$230 - 238-201
$345 - 81-73
$570 - 5-5

I wish some of those $115 wins could be transferred into the $345 column. Kind of annoying to run good there and run like trash in the higher stake.

I made an account on Cake and played a handful of games at the $208 and $105 which I put in the $230 and $115 columns above respectively. I didn't do to well, but only played like 10 games. My screen name there is "bartchalker1" in case anyone wants to know. Not sure if I'm really going to put much volume in or not, the games fill pretty slow sometimes.

I'll finish this post off in style with my Heads Up graphs for the month. Pokerstars & Full Tilt in that order.....






As you can see I actually did really well on Stars this month, but hit a bad downswing on Full Tilt, but managed to recover in the end. A few months ago it was the opposite though.

Crazy!!! Isn't it!!??

Good luck the rest of 2009, later

bartchalker

4 comments:

Qi said...

Nice work, still solid to book over 5k with how it seems you ran.

Droppin' Treats said...

YO BARTCALKER


Is $250 enough to grind the $10 HUSNG ... what do you suggest

Wingpin said...

Hopefully you got a RB deal with Cake. 33% is kinda std there.

bartchalker said...

Yeah, Qi, I'm def happy with it after how I started the month.

Treats....I think 25 buyins is a bit low. It kinda depends on how big of an edge you think you have and also if you're going to be playing reg speeds or turbos. I like to go with 100 BI for whatever my main game is. I'm kinda what some may call a "bankroll nit" though. I'd go with at least 40 BI if you're playing turbos though.

Yeah Wingpin, I got the 33% rakeback deal as well as the $600 first deposit bonus(which I've only cleared $10 of so far, hehe).